Monday, April 6, 2015

Prodigal Son Review

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!

I'm a little late for my post, but better late than never, right? Anyway, last weekend I was able to make it to the California Dreamin' Conference Book Signing! Not only was it great to be back surrounded by numerous authors and writers who all share a love of romance novels, it was great to meet up with people I haven't seen since RWA 2012! One such person was author, Debra Mullins. I picked up her book Prodigal Son, the first in her Atlantean book series.



Isn't the cover fabulous? Not only that but this book was great! It had everything a romance novel needs: well written characters, steamy chemistry, an environment that made you feel a part of the story, and a great plot that had me completely submerge into this universe.

Prodigal Son is about Cara McGaffigan, a woman who is determined to help her stepbrother get out of trouble because he is her last remaining family. This was definitely something I loved about Cara right away, her loyalty. She risks so much, traveling from one coast to another, in search of her brother and instead of finding him, she finders herself in a whole mess of trouble. She’s not the only one looking for Danny, and this excludes the cops who want him for skipping bail. Powerful people are looking for her stepbrother and her only hope is Rafe Montana.


Mmm, Rafe. He was my absolute favorite in this book. His personality had me laughing and sighing with pleasure. I wish he was real so that I could take him home and keep him all to myself. Rafe is a bounty hunter, but not just any bounty hunter, he’s a descendant of an Atlantean. He has the ability to gleam information about people with nothing but a thought, the only problem is that when he tries to find any information on Danny, he can’t. Together, Rafe and Cara must find Danny, who has in his possession an ancient Atlantean stone. The owner won’t rest until that power is back in his hands, and considering the stone was responsible for the destruction of Atlantis, Rafe and Cara aren’t willing to give it up without a fight.

I can't recommend this book more. I'm already plotting in my own head who I want other characters to end up with. The second book, Heart of Son, is available and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

What have you all been reading? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment